Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 17 May 2023

What I’m working on

Our prayers and squares group is working on a quilt that we are planning to use as a fund raiser. It is a string pieced crossed X. It has been a lot of fun getting together with a small group of friends to work on this every week. All of the blocks that require groups of 4 are now sewn together and the quilting on the blocks can begin before sewing them all together. This is just a small selection of the blocks. It was lots of fun digging deep into various boxes and bins to put together the string units. Some of us went random... whatever came to hand that was long enough to cover the space was sewn in. Others went more matchy and coordinated. When it is all together I think it is going to be quite striking. 

I’m linking to Mid week makers



 

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.