Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 19 February 2020

WIP Wednesday

One of the bonuses of working on machine stitched quilts rather than hand stitched quilts is that there is progress to show faster. I’m working on a sampler using up old orphans and also some new blocks. I’ve gotten a second and third row done now and the rows are sewn together. I’m calling it my Leftovers Sampler.



I am really working outside my comfort zone here. I love all things balanced and symmetrical, and this quilt is neither of those. It is all different sizes and grids and because there is so much variety in it, I think it works.

I have finished the quilting on my Pioneer Log Cabin, a design by Judy Martin. It ticks all the boxes of balanced and symmetrical and I love it! It is quilted with all over Baptist Fans.



I exhausted all of the reds in my stash making this, so there will be an outing to a quilt shop to buy some red for binding.

Once I post this I’m going to start on the next row for my Leftovers Sampler. I’m linking up to the Canadian Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday.



3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with the way your Leftovers Sampler is coming together. I have seen many that look rather a mess, quite frankly, and your approach in designing yours is an idea worth following. Margaret, Pretoria, South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put all the blocks together. The red quilt is nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.