Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 9 November 2019

Battle of the Stars

I’ve retired the appliqué project for a bit and gone back to one of my english paper pieced quilts instead. The last time I had this one out was back in July, going by what I was writing about here on the blog. (At that time it was the middle of the summer and we were in the middle of a wonderful camping trip. Now, it’s cold and snowy out..... sigh.... I want summer back..... Anyhow, I got a bit distracted there for a moment.) And that sounds about right because I started the appliqué project in early August. The bonus of having so may different things on the go is the lack of opportunity for boredom..... not that I’m ever bored. But  I needed a bit of a change. I added two more of the ten point stars to the centre section today. And since I took those pictures I’ve added on a thin green diamond unit to the right of the yellow star. The next one is aqua coloured. But this is what it looks like so far. Another of the bonuses of having multiple projects going is the ability to rediscover the enjoyment from one to another.  I love doing EPP and also love doing appliqué. So it seems only fair to do both. Or at least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are so beautiful. I, too, like to switch projects now and then. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh -- I'm always switching back and forth in between projects!! Enjoy your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the wonderful about blogging, we can return to previous posts to see what and when we were stitching. =) LOVE your stars. Every single one makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stars are gorgeous! I like having different things going at the same time, too. I also like having quilts in different stages.. piecing, sewing blocks together, needing to be quilted. There's something for any mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.