Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 1 December 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I went to a quilt till you wilt day with the guild on Saturday. But I cheated. The day started at 9 am and was to go until 9 pm.  But I didn’t get there until 1:30. We all know my difficulty with mornings. Even so, I got a lot accomplished. I actually finished a quilt top. I started it at the quilt till you wilt day 2 years ago and then it sat untouched for the most part, until today. It’s an I Spy quilt for our grand daughter Abbie. It just might be done in time for her birthday in January. It needs a backing put together for it and quilting and binding.

I also made up 6 Friendship Star blocks for the comfort quilts our guild makes. I don’t have pictures of those. After all that was done, there was still time to do some hand stitching. Two arcs are finished and the third well under way. This is what they look like up against the compass.

 I like it! They are stitching up pretty quickly. The last 2 might be done by next week and then I can start on the outer half compasses which will also have curved geese around the outside which will unify the whole thing. I’m linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.



2 comments:

  1. What a great quilt for Abbie - she's sure to have a lot of fun finding all the images.
    LOVE the compass quilt so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.