I've found the pattern for this quilt, and I've figured out where I was when I abandoned it years ago. Even more important, I've gotten some hand stitching done on it, and have figured out how to proceed from here. The centers are on the 2 small compasses, and I've done some of the red tear drop shapes onto the parts that have already been pieced together. So, from here, I'm going to piece together the corner sections of the quilt. Then, I'm going to piece together the long sashes that need to go between the long center section that is already done and the corner sections. I'll hand sew the long sashes to the center section, since I don't want the machine stitching to show on the back. Then, I can machine piece the corner sections to the long sashes. After that, I can machine piece more fabric to the backing, and get some batting into those sections. Once that is all done, I can load it onto the long arm to baste for the hand quilting. It's still going to take quite a while to get it done, but at least I have a plan of attack. It was the lack of that plan that had this sitting in its box for so long. My plan for today is to bet some of the green leaf shapes prepped and more of the red tear drops done. onto the sash sections.
I missed last Sunday's Stash report, so this is for 2 weeks this time. I added some fabric that I simply couldn't resist. Two yards of this really fun fabric.
I have no idea what I'll do with it, but it was impossible not to come home without it. Maybe I'll make some pillow cases for camping, or something like that.
Used last 2 weeks: 3.2 yards
Used this year: 26.7 yards
Added last 2 weeks: 2 yards
Added this year: 14.25 yards
Balance: 12.45 more yards used than added.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.