quilt-a-thon, to add to the accomplishments of the last 2 days. I'm hoping at least a little bit. I have pies to bake for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner -an apple and a pumpkin. I found the second quilt that I needed to get binding, sleeve and label done on last night. So far, the binding is made, the hanging sleeve is made, the label is done, and all of that is almost all sewn on to the back of the quilt. If I can get the front side of the binding sewn down, I can take it with me when we got to visit with Noel and Laurie and Avery over at Matt and Becca's this evening and do the hand stitching on the hanging sleeve and the label.
This is where it is at now. I just need to join the 2 ends and finish stitching it down. I can probably get to that while the pies are in the oven.
And today is also the Grandmother's Choice day. I do have the blocks from the last couple of weeks done. And this week's doesn't look that hard, so I might be able to fit that in, as well. I'll check back in later with a progress report.
It's 2:50 in the afternoon. The apple pie is out of the oven. The pumpkin has a few more minutes to go, yet. No sewing so far today.
It's now 10:30 pm, and the binding is all sewn down onto my Shakespeare in the Park. I can take it with me tomorrow to Matt and Becca's and hand sew down the edge of the hanging sleeve and the edge of the label, and then I can count this as another finish.
I love the effect of diagonally printed stripes in bindings. It looks like a bias binding, without all the work of bias binding.