I have the first six of the Grandmother's Choice blocks up on the wall.
It really isn't a very good picture for colour quality. I had to play with the exposure editing function of the photography software, since it was dark when I took the picture, using a flash. I read on somebody's blog recently, I can't remember whose, that they had heard of someone else putting the sashing onto their blocks as they made them. I thought this was a fabulous idea, and I'm going to do the same thing. I found that brown fabric in my stash. It's been sitting there for years. It seems to fit the feel of the rest of the fabrics in there, so I pulled it out, and started cutting sashing strips and then put it all up on the wall, stood back and went "Wow..... I like it". One more week, and I'll have a full row to put together. So, when the year ends, the quilt will be done. And this way, I can get a balance of colours as I go, as well. I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday post.