Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 30 June 2012

Charlene's Patriots and Petticoats


Charlene came to take her quilt home today, so I can write about it, and show pictures of it now. She brought me this quilt to do back in February, and said that she wasn't in any hurry for it, as long as she had it in time for the quilt show in October. It sat until April, while I looked at it and pondered and waited for it to tell me what it wanted, and for me to get up the nerve to start it. .



This quilt is HUGE. It measures something like 98 x 98 inches. The only way I could get a picture of the whole thing was to take it into the back yard, and stand on a chair. And even then, I didn't get the whole thing.


I love the center block of this quilt. The colours are wonderful. I did continuous curves in all of the pieced sections. They are all different, but the use of continuous curves in each gives it continuity.

Here are 3 of the smaller sampler blocks, as well as a view of the borders. There are feathers in the log cabin blocks, and feathers in the background and setting squares.

And a couple of views of the back, which actually show the quilting quite well. I have to say that this is the most challenging quilt I have done so far. I learned a lot doing it, and had a lot of fun with it, as well.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see the backside too...very pretty quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilting on this! I just finished the same one for a customer for a show in the fall. What a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful quilt and you did such a great job with the quilting. I am sure she was very pleased with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- this is beautiful; you did a magnificent job! I bet she was totally thrilled with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.