Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 May 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

 There isn’t a lot of slow stitching happening here right now, other than in the evenings while watching tv. The weather has turned lovely and there are gardens to be planted. I did finish my Ariya sweater.  Just in time for sweater weather to be mostly finished and to fold it and put away. However, because I do need to have something to occupy my hands while watching tv, I started another sweater. It is a pattern I have done before and is no where near as complex as the last couple of sweaters I’ve done. It is challenging enough to keep my hands occupied but simple enough that my brain doesn’t need to be fully engaged. This is quite possibly one of the softest yarns I’ve ever used. It is a combination of 56% super wash merino and 44% kid mohair. It is very very soft and cushy and pet-able. I have 2 skeins of this blue and 2 skeins of the blue and orange variegated. I’ll probably do a fade type technique to introduce the colour change. The blues are the same. I’m not sure how it will look, but that’s part of the fun of knitting or any other type of hand work project.

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.








3 comments:

  1. Your Ariya sweater is gorgeous! The yoke is a lovely pattern and I love the shape of the neckline. Such a pretty colour, too. Woolly garments with a beautiful yoke are my favourite. The new yarn looks lovely and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Ariya sweater..the color and design are lovely. I could never knit such an intricate design. I used to make Lopie sweaters in college years but nothing since then but baby blankets. You have many talents my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful purple sweather, such nice neckline design. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.