Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 27 June 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

I am hooked on embroidery. I used to do it all the time as a kid. I think it was actually the first needle work type thing I ever learned to do. But lately in life so many other things took over. Well I don’t know how long this is going to last, but I’m on a roll. I finished the manger scene, buttons included.  I’m not sure just what I’m going to do with it from here. It can either be a pillow or a wall hanging. I’ll decide what it is going to be closer to Christmas. 
I’ve started the next project. Sunflowers and blueberries and leaves in a mason jar. 
The jar is all stitched as are all the stems in the jar. In the picture the oak leaves are done. Since taking the picture I’ve also finished all the blueberries and the leaves behind the berries. I haven’t touched anything else since starting this. I have long admired the Crabapple Hill designs where there are lots of embroidery blocks combined into a quilt. Who knows, if this keeps up I just may end up doing on of those. I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.



3 comments:

  1. Nice embroidery projects. I like Crabapple Designs also and considering the Mystery of the Salem Witches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that manger scene with those adorable buttons. The Ball jar vase is very pretty also.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.