Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 24 February 2019

Connections

I’m working on the English Paper Piecing quilt that I’m calling Connections this week. I’m having fun playing with the 2 inch scrap squares that friends from the quilt guild brought to me to use in this project. The hexagons are Kona Ash and the triangles are Kona Pepper. It is growing slowly, currently measuring 22 inches by 10 1/2 inches. But that is what stitching by hand is all about - the slow progress with each stitch an enjoyment.  I have no idea at this point how big this will get. I’m just enjoying the process.

We were supposed to be going out for supper today but once again the weather is not cooperating. So instead we are staying home where it is warm and dry and sheltered from the high winds. And that means I can finish this post, link it to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching. and then do some more slow stitching of my own.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, your Connections hand pieced beauty is amazing! I love the grey ash hexagons. That is the joy of hand stitching, isn't it, the slow enjoyment of each stitch. That disagreeable weather of yours sounds like the perfect setting for a little hand stitching in a cosy corner of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The solids really break up that super-scrappy look and give it a much more "organized" feel. I need to do one like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Cathy! Thankfully, not all quilts demand to made immediately - it is so nice to just take your time and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.