Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 19 March 2014

UFO progress report

My UFO for March is this Cactus Rose, a design by Judy Neimeyer. My goal for this month was to get another of the curved pieced borders done, To date, I have all of the units for this border paper pieced, and all the paper removed. A couple of the triangular sections are sewn together. I've moved all the components up to the long arm studio. This way, when I need to sit down to rest my feet and legs, I can sew one or two of them together. It might have a better chance of getting more of it done keeping it up there. It should be possible to get this border done, and on by the end of the month. If I can get some of the units for the next side paper pieced before the end of the month, I'll call that a bonus. I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network Work in progress Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a labour of love, but it will be beautiful when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Colors!!! I have one of these quilts on the go, started it two years ago at a Judy Niemeyer quilt weekend, and got one block done.... Seeing yours makes me want to start on mine again : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an incredible pattern, and your colour choices are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it's incredible. Your work and colours are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy getting to see pictures of your progress on this quilt...love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.