Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 20 October 2016

Quilt Show Sneak Peak

One of the many bonuses of quilts shows is the ability to actually see a quilt hanging, from a distance and to be able to get a picture of it. I’ve been trying to weeks to get some pictures of my recent finishes, but every time I think of it and actually have a bit of time, the weather outside, where I typically take my pictures, has been horrible. So, as the editor for the guild’s blog, I was able to go in today while they were doing the set up, and get some pictures. I’m going to post the pictures of my quilts here. I entered 9 of them, 7 bed sized and 2 wall hangings. I have never been so glad to see the end of hanging sleeves and labels!! If this doesn’t teach me to do them as I finish quilts, nothing will.
All of the following pictures can be biggie sized by clicking on them.

#1 Blooming Nine Patch.

#2 Canadiana Row Quilt


#3 LFQG Blog Sampler. This is a free pattern, found starting here. There is a tab at the top of that blog with all the patterns listed, in reverse order, going back to September of 2015.

#4 Sisters Across the Miles

#5 Grandmother’s Diamond Ring

#6 Great Granny Square


#7 La Passacaglia

#8 Playing With English Paper Piecing

#9 Bon Echo Rock


  Whew, that’s a lot. But there are tons more from lots of other people at the quilt show. It’s gonna be a great one!
I’m going to link up all these finishes, a lot of them new finishes, to Finish it Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.














5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all the quilts at the show tomorrow!

    See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts! I hate sewing on hanging sleeves and labels. I've pinned the hanging sleeve a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are beautiful!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful each and every one.
    Quilt shows are really quite mesmerizing aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful each and every one.
    Quilt shows are really quite mesmerizing aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.