Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 12 July 2017

What I’m working on....

I thought it was finished. I decided it was finished. I even posted on Sunday that Leo’s Mane was finished. But then, the more I looked at it, the more I liked it, and thought that it was a shame not to do something more with it. So, I spent a few happy hours last night playing in Electric quilt, getting some ideas. It is going to grow a bit more, and become the centre of an English Paper Pieced medallion quilt. Here’s what it looks like now.
This is what it will look like after the next round is put on. Does anyone want to make this along with me? I can provide the pdf’s for the paper shapes, if you want to do a sew along. Alternately, if there is interest, I’ll do up a sew along section for the website, if you want to purchase them already cut. There are 4 more borders for this, on top of the one I’ve shown here.  Either way, leave me a comment, and make sure to leave me your email, in case your settings are for no-reply.
I’m linking up to Lorna’s Let’s Bee Social and Esther’s WOW Wednesday and also the Needle and Thread Network and Crazy Mom’s Finish it Friday for a finish that  turned into a not finished.



5 comments:

  1. Oh I am tempted but I already have a grandmother's garden quilt on the go. So vibrant! I also noticed your link for a Canadian English paper piecing source. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never get caught up to where you are now. Sure looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - the new border really adds a lot to an already fascinating design!!! I've already got most of the papers (wink!) and I've cut purple/orange/green fabrics for castor & pollux but I might be persuaded to start this one as well. I'm totally crazy to start yet another project which translates into it will take me forever to finish it...but I like the design...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it!!! I really should finish my first EPP before.....that I started 2 years ago (oups)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.