Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 31 July 2017

We’re not as young as we used to be...........

I’ve been absent from the blog for the past week. We’ve been doing grand parent stuff. Our grand daughter Abrielle's baby sitter was off on vacation last week, so we looked after her for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Then Saturday, there was a wedding, so we had her then too. Added to that, we also had our grandson Avery Saturday evening and Sunday until about 5. And that’s how we found out that we’re not as young as we used to be. There is a reason why people have their kids when they are young.....
So, there wasn’t a lot of sewing or quilting or stitching done in the last part of the week. I have a bit more progress on Leo’s Mane. I’m testing the blocks to make sure that they work, before publishing them publicly. The pieces on the star needed a bit of adjusting. The first attempt, the bottom one, was a bit full and ended up with a “c-cup” in the middle. The adjusted one worked much better. (grin) I’m ready to attach one of the octagon borders to the main part of the quilt. However, I’m not sure if I should go ahead with that, or just continue making blocks. I have the last border block to test out yet, and then I can get started on writing the instructions. Have I mentioned that I’m totally enjoying this project, even with the occasional “whoops”?
I’m linking up to Design Wall Monday, and then it’s back to more out doors time stitching away.



4 comments:

  1. The whoopsies are what keeps designing fun and interesting. I think the octagons are my fav border so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of time with little people! They are sure exhausting at times. My younger grandson is 17 months and an unstoppable dervish of activity. Lots of interesting piecing on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the blocks. They look fantastic together. You've chosen a nice color palette. Happy sewing! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.