Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report

Hmmmmm, somewhere along the way these weekly report have turned into every other week reports. Not good. I have an excuse this time........ don’t I always?? That machine I was having issues with...... the issues didn’t get fixed, so last Sunday was spent taking it off the rails of the table and packing it into a box and getting it to the UPS store. By the time all that was done, my brain was so fried, not to mention the parts of me that hurt after lifting the thing, that there was no sewing and no blogging to be done. And that then seems to have continued through the week. While the machine is in the long arm hospital, I’ve decided that it’s a good opportunity to do some cleaning and organizing, both in the studio and then downstairs in our apartment. I ask again, why does organizing create such a mess?
However, during the last couple of weeks I have had the chance to add the last border onto La Passacaglia, and get the corners of those borders mitred and sewn.So, all that’s left is to hand stitch down the white pentagons on two more corners. I just might make that finished by the end of April deadline.

There’s been some movement in the stash in both directions. A group of friends and I went to the St Mary’s quilt show yesterday, and there was some stash added during that trip. It all has specific quilt destinations, so I’m hoping it will get used up very soon.

Used last 2 weeks:                          2.3 yards
Used this year:                              20.15 yards
Added last 2 weeks:                        5.95 yards
Added this year:                            11.45 yards
Net stash busted:                              8.7 yards

We’re heading off to church in a little while. We usually go Saturday evenings, but didn’t make it yesterday due to the quilt show.  In the meantime, I’m linking up to Judy’s Stash Report, Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and Angie’s WIPs Be Gone. Once we get home from church, there will most definitely be some Slow Sunday Stitching in the plans.


6 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing quilt! It has turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your quilt! It looks like fireworks, especially with the blue background. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super impressive, you are so talented. Lovely work.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely perfect! I love the choice of background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to admit I really had no clue where you were going with that white border. Now I see. It's stands beautifully on the blue background.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.