The first finish is my Scrappy Irish Chain. According to past records on this blog, I started this as a leader/ender project in January of 2012. The piecing was finished sometime in October of 2014. And then it sat and waited for its turn to come in the quilting line up. It was quilted using a pantograph called Pinwheel Flower. That happened in January of this year, finally. I’m on an unofficial mission to finish one of my quilts each month this year. It was bound with a diagonal striped and faux piping, making the binding 100% machine finished. The back is almost as fun as the front. I had some blocks left over and pieced them into the backing. At some point, before October’s quilt show, I’ll get the information about this quilt written into the white area of one of the blocks on the back to make a label.
February’s finish was my Great Granny Square. According to this blog it was started in August of 2012. The top was finished in November of 2013 and then went into the pile of my quilts waiting to be finished. I gave it some custom quilting,
continuous curves in the squares, squiggly lines in the sashes and straight line with loops in the middle for the plain borders.It got finished with a diagonal striped faux piped binding. Here’s a look at the back. I’m linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday and also to Angie’s WIPs Be Gone, because these WIPs are now gone for good.