Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Disappearing Four Patch Finished

We finally got some sunshine, warm temperatures and low wind speeds, perfect for taking pictures of finished quilts. I’ve been working on this quilt, along with Jannette, since January of 2015. We were doing it as a block swap. Each month we chose 4 large scale floral fabrics, and made 2 disappearing four patch blocks from each fabric. We kept one and swapped one, ending up with 8 different blocks each month. We decided to take the summer months off, so we ended up with 80 blocks. Mine is now quilting and bound and counts as this year’s third finish.  Here’s a closer view of the quilting. I used a new pantograph called Persian Paisley. And as usual, I used a faux piped binding with a diagonally striped fabric for a great machine sewn finish. I found a large scale roses print in my fabric stash which worked great for the backing. I had a few blocks left over, which got pieced into the backing, along with a border stipe that I thought fit with the theme and feel of the quilt. I even wrote a label on one of the leftover four patch blocks. Considering I hardly ever remember to do labels, that’s an accomplishment. Because of this quilt being done with a friend, I’ve named it “Friendship’s Garden”. Thanks Jannette, for a great year of swapping. I can’t believe how fast the year went.
I’m linking up to Lorna’s Let’s Bee Social.







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this beautiful finish Cathy,
    it is gorgeous. You must be so proud.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an incredible finish! LOVE the name - thank you!
    I have the sashing fabric, but my squares are still spread out on my couch... I miss our monthly get-togethers - maybe I should find another swap-worthy block! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.