Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 22 March 2014

Aqua scrappy Saturday

I just finished the 2 pinwheel blocks I've been doing monthly for the SoScrappy Rainbow Saturday. I wanted to get both of them done today, because there is a chance I'll be going on a road trip next Saturday. Said road trip just might involve some friends and some fabric and yarn purchases, so I wanted to get them done today. I've had a few distractions today, though,  the main one being DD and the garment sewing I've been doing for her. I remember now why I make quilts. The fitting of the skirt wasn't right, of course, so I had to rip out, and alter and then sew back together. It now fits, but it needs a lining. I think it's going to wait for a while now. In between working on the skirt, I've been sewing these pinwheels, which are a whole lot more entertaining. As usual, for these blocks, I've done the pinwheels in the monthly colour, and the frames in the colour directly opposite on the colour wheel, in this case a kinda redish/orange/pink. And now, I have hanging sleeves to do.

6 comments:

  1. I like how you arranged the pinwheels in your block. That is going to be one very neat quilt come December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors~ I've made a pin wheel quilt before and Loved it~ hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pin wheels! :) Your blocks are looking great. I also prefer the straight seams of quilting to sewing garments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to love pinwheels but I especially like your layout of them! Glad you cracked the skirt alterations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful teal pinwheel blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.