Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 31 March 2014

Design Wall Monday, March 31, 2014

Well, here we are again, another Monday, and Cactus Rose remains up on the wall. There has been progress, though. Pinned up here beside her on the wall are all of the base curve pieces I need for the rest of the borders, and half of the arcs I need, all finished and de-papered. There are more of the arcs in various stages of being finished. I still need to do the top parts. Getting this far was my goal for March, documented and posted as # 87 in the goals linky party on the Lovely Year of finishes.


     



The other thing up on the wall is a McKenna Ryan quilt, called In Full Bloom. I put it up there last week in the middle of a snow storm in the effort to make the place look more like spring. I also needed to get some fabric for the borders, so I wanted to study it for a while. The borders are purchased, and I also managed to spend a bit of time with my fabrics and tiny scissors, and finished the middle block with the bunny. So, this one is all ready to sew together and get the borders on. I'm not going to put a time on this one. I want to concentrate on getting poor old Cactus Rose finished first. I think she's waited long enough. And, although she may be gorgeous, I must confess that I'm getting awfully tired of looking at her. But I will persevere and get her done.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday and also to the Finishes party for the Lovely Year of finishes.

2 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who tackles a McKenna Ryan pattern -- so much intricate detail. Same on the Cactus Rose. Both will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, all that paper piecing and then de-papering...aye yi yi!!! I think Full Bloom is stunning!!! It really does make a nice offset to all your snow piled up outside! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.