Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 15 March 2014

Scrappy aqua bow ties

I made up my monthly bow ties yesterday, in the March colour of aqua. This is as close as we are going to get to the colour of open water for quite some time yet. When I got up this morning, it was snowing.....sigh.
It's a good thing I got these done yesterday. Becca and I went out shopping today. I have discovered that letting her and I loose in a Fabricland, looking for patterns and fabric for making clothes  is very dangerous. There was so much there that we both liked, and some of it was even the same thing. But, we exercised a lot of restraint, and came home with fabric for a top and a skirt for Becca, and a top for me. All of it was much reduced. I've got her top basted together, and she just tried it on for fit, and it worked, so I can now go and finish off the seams, and get it finished. It's been a long time since I've done any garment sewing. I think the last of it I did was the bridesmaids dresses for her wedding. The funny thing about all this was that  I decided, only a couple of months ago, that I probably wouldn't be doing any more garment sewing, so I got rid of my dress maker form...... oops. We'd been spending a lot of time, since we moved here, moving it from one place to another, without being able to find someplace for this red thing on its stand to go, so it finally went. Oh well....
I'm linking up to SoScrappy Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Cute scrappy teal bow tie blocks! Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bow tie blocks. This block is fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variety in the bow ties. Isn't it incredible how as soon as you get rid of something you haven't used for a while it turns out that you really could use it after all! Happens all the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blocks!
    Gun, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great bow tie blocks! Sounds like you had fun shopping and I haven't done any garment sewing in ages!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.