Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 16 March 2014

Sunday Stash and stitching, week 11, 2014

Today, I'm working on finishing the blouse for Becca I started yesterday. it's all finished, except for the hemming. I've always disliked hemming by hand, although it really has no difference than stitching applique down by hand. But today, I'm trying to change my attitude to hand hemming, and look at it as the same as any other slow hand stitching, a time to sit back and enjoy the process. And, I've found that it's working. It's giving me the time to think about the project, and to enjoy thinking about the person it is intended for, my lovely daughter. After this is done, we'll start working on the skirt we bought fabric for.
Because of the clothing manufacture, quilting has taken a bit of a back seat, but I still had a bit of stash usage for the bowties I made this week.

Used this week:                             .6 yards
Used this year:                             27.3 yards
Added this week:                               .25 yards
Added this year:                            14.5 yards
Balance:                                        12.8 more yards out than in.

I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and to Kathy's Slow Stitching

4 comments:

  1. Hope the blouse is coming along well. I've never made clothing but that does look like a binding edge!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...it is the same as applique / just in our perpective, I guess ! Lucky daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to look at it -- good job! I bet it will be a lovely blouse for your beautiful girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the patience it must take to keep records of your fabric!!!
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.