Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 21 March 2014

Finish it Friday

 Here she is, in all her glory. It was a gorgeous day out today, so I took the opportunity to recruit husband and son for some help photographing this wonderful quilt. It is Thanksgiving, by Judy Martin, in her book Patchwork Among Friends. I Quilted it with a fern leaf type free hand design in all the open areas, and continuous curves in the leaf blocks. This quilt was a joy to piece, with the instructions clear, and the piecing easy, although there was an awful lot of it. But so very very worth it.
Here's a closer look at the bottom corner. This quilt has been just over a year in the making. It finished up at 98x98 inches square. It has my usual striped faux piped binding. I love this quilt!! I'm linking up to TGIFF and Link a Finish Friday, just because I'm so excited about this quilt that I have to share it.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you put it on your bed right away so you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a quilt worth sharing! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! Congrats on a terrific finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! Love the quilting you did. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job with the quilting as well. Lucky you to get to enjoy this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one very beautiful quilt! The quilting works so well too - it gives a swirling effect to the maple leaves - and of course, they're swirling all over the quilt! I don't know how you decide on the quilting design, but it always seems to match the top just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really spectacular! I have that book...good to know her pattern was accurate and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is marvellous and you have quilted it beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Congrats on an awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.