Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 14 March 2014

On my Needles

I've made progress on my Pinery sweater. I've divided the sleeves off, so the part that takes the longest, the yoke, is done. It's working up much faster this second time around, probably both from the larger needle size, and the first practice run through. I'm still enjoying this pattern and the softness of the wool, so it's a good thing. Not much else new around here. I've been busy working on quilts for clients, and with my own sewing. I'm currently working on bow tie blocks, in preparation for tomorrow's aqua blocks. The 3 inch ones are done, and after I link this up to Judy's On the Needles, I'm going to go back and start the six inch ones. I want to get these done, because it turns out I'm going to be doing some garment sewing for my daughter. She came downstairs a couple of days ago, armed with the Sears catalogue, and a big grin on her face, and asked me "guess what I'd like to have you make for me out of this?". Of course, my first thought was she was going to show me some maternity clothes she wanted. But no, that was a false alarm and wishful thinking on my part, she just had some things she saw that she liked and wondered if I could make them for less than the cost of them ready made. So, tomorrow, we're going to have some mother daughter bonding time, and go pattern and fabric shopping. Sounds like a good time to me, and I've always loved sewing for her. And now, back to my aqua fabrics, with pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Maternity clothes was the first thing I thought of too! Hopefully, that day will come sometime too...
    I LOVE the colour of your yarn! The subtle gradations give it a little depth, and I think that's going to be a great colour on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.