Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 17 March 2014

Design Wall Monday, March 17, 2014

I still don't have anything new on my wall. I've been working on getting Thanksgiving, a pattern from Judy Martin, finished. I took the last stitches in the hanging sleeve tonight. It is officially done! Now all I need is some decent weather so I can get outside to take a picture of this massive thing. In the meantime, here's a pic of the corner of it, and the binding.
I used a striped fabric out of my collection, paired with one of the ugliest fabrics I had in my stash. It was a green background, with huge orange tulips and huge bunches of grapes. But, once it was sewn into the binding, with only the edge showing as the piping, there is no evidence at all that it was one of the ugliest fabrics, ever. Why did I originally buy it? I had plans on making a quilt that needed appliqued bunches of grapes. Rather than applique each individual circle for each grape, I was going to do a broiderie perse version, and cut the bunch of grapes out of this fabric, and applique it down. However, the project never got any further than inside my head. I'm linking up my non-design wall to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to seeing the whole quilt, I love what I can see here. I love stripy bindings.

    My bee are planning a fabric exchange later this year, we have been debating whether blue is an autumnal colour, I'm leaning towards "yes" after seeing a couple of autumn quilts with blue in them.

    We did several "ugly" fabric challenges where we brought two fat quarters in a brown paper bag. one year I used one of mine as a piping, the person who donated the ugly fabric couldn't find it and thought I had cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that binding! It's perfect...and got rid of an ugly!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.