Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday Stash and Stitching report, week 3, 2014


 I've been doing lots of slow, relaxing hand stitching today. There was a workshop held by the guild yesterday, featuring Jill Buckley of The Quilt Rat. She assisted us with a wool on cotton wall hanging design. I must confess to initially, at least, having a hard time with it. No matter what I tried to do, as far as embellishing stitches went, I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted. I spent more time ripping stitches out than putting them in. I really enjoyed the workshop, and it was a fun day getting together with lots of fun people, but there was no way this thing was going to do anything for me. So, I came home yesterday, and set it aside until I could look at it with fresh eyes. I picked it back up again this afternoon, and it suddenly started coming together. I don't know what the problem was yesterday, but I like it a lot better today. There are some additional pieces to go on in between the flower petals, and then some additional circles to go on over to the side of the flower. It will eventually end up as a wall hanging.
I also got some work done today on the next My Tweets block, number 9.

All of the stems are stitched down. The large heart is stitched and half of the small one is done. All in all, not too bad a day's relaxation.














As far as the stash usage goes, that's looking up. I got one of my own quilts loaded on the machine on Thursday, so that took up over six yards of fabric for the backing. It will be done early this coming week, so there will be more fabric out for the binding.

Used this week:                                            6.6 yards
Used this year:                                                10 yards
Added this week:                                              0 yards
Added this year:                                            0 yards
Balance:                                                     10 more yards out than in. Yeehaw!! I'm still in the black. I had no idea there would be such a feeling of accomplishment produced by that.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being in the black! It is fun how easily we are tickled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing wool projects - this one is especially pretty - enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I visited someone else in blogland this morning that I think attended this workshop, too! http://thecozyquilter.blogspot.ca/2014/01/a-wooly-day.html Yes, you are definitely in the group picture of the workshop! How COOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that weird how sometimes a project works and sometimes it doesn't?! I always find it easier to concentrate at home with no distractions.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.