Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 16 January 2014

Sneak Peak

I loaded my Lazy Sunday quilt, which was a mystery in the Quiltmaker magazine last spring and summer, designed by Bonnie Hunter. I had all kinds of plans for this quilt. I purchased a new pantograph that I thought would look fabulous on it. I got the pantograph all printed out and taped together, and then ran into a snag. The pantograph turned out not to be straight... my error, not the panto's. And then, once this quilt was on the frame, it told me, in no uncertain terms, that it didn't want a pantograph done on it. It didn't want anything fancy, just lots and lots of texture. Far be it from me to argue with a quilt, so that's what it's getting. I'm doing free hand swirls, fairly densely. It's a really happy, busy quilt, as Bonnie Hunter quilts tend to be, and it seemed like dense quilting, in scale with all the piecing, was what it wanted. I've done 2 passes and gone through 2 bobbins, already. I'm keeping the bobbins in one place for this one, as they are emptied, just to keep track, out of curiosity, how many it takes to do this quilt. I have a meeting tonight, so this is as far as it is getting today. It just might get finished tomorrow, which would be fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. I do hand quilting, but, I love how the quilt tells us how it wants to be quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice--swirls are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.