Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Customer Quilts.

I've been back at working at long arm quilting since the beginning of last week, after taking a 2 week break over the Christmas and New year holidays. I've finished up three for Amalia. First was a wall hanging based on the One Block Wonder. She used a very delicate print for her blocks, and I love the way they look. The movement in the blocks is visible, and yet quite subtle. I quilted it with an overall free hand swirl with feathers around the outside of the swirls.

 There are feathered swirls also in the borders. And the geometric blocks have various straight lines quilted into them, to accentuate their shapes. I love the depth these geometric boxes give to the quilt. The shading and shadows in the top box are fabulous.
 Then there is this snowman wall hanging. I really like the effect of them looking in the window. There are stars quilted into the border, and a wood grain type treatment in the window sashes. The background behind the snowmen is pebbled, and the snowmen are outlined
 Then there is this geometric beauty. It is a lap sized variation of the Bento Box pattern, using Kona cottons,
It has quite a modern feel to it, so I thought some modern quilting would be appropriate for it. I used a pantograph called Modern Bricks. I like the way the quilting design incorporates a Baptist Fan feel to it, with some swirls thrown in.
I'm going to try and be more faithful about posting the customer quilts I do this year. I'm thinking of Wednesdays as a good day to loosely plan for this.

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, I LOVE your feathered swirls. The borders look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa -- great work on all three, Cathy!! I love the snowmen -- it's such a cute one! Your quilting is fab on all three -- your customer made a smart choice when she brought them to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. having made a few One block wonders myself; I LUV looking at others-that one is wonderful and unique
    I used to have the snowman through the window pattern-never made it tho' :(
    great quilting on all 3 the Bento block pattern is great 'modern' too

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.