Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 11 January 2014

Playing the Scrappy Saturday Blues

I have this week's group of Scrappy blue bow ties done.  There are nine 6 inch blocks.
And there are nine 3 inch blocks.
And seven out of eight of the triple four patch blocks are done. One more of these, and then I can work on the pinwheel block. I'm devoting one weekend each month to each of these different sets of blocks. I think that makes it manageable, and maybe I'll be able to keep up. It certainly didn't take long to sew up those bow ties up there. I'm heading out to Gail's Saturday afternoon, for a sewing afternoon. I'll take the last of the triple four patch blocks with me to finish up. But before we sew, we're going to check out a yarn shop. I might be coming home with a bit more yarn. I just might also be coming home with a BOM that we both really like started, which will make for another new project started. I'm taking my fabric pulls for it with me, so that's what I'll be working on. I'm linking to Scraphappy Saturday. Lots of fun stuff to see there today.

16 comments:

  1. What fun blocks! My son likes your bowtie blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many pretty blues. You have gotten quite a bit done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Your blues are all so beautiful ... a rainbow of blue hues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have high ambitions for using your scraps. You are going to have some beautiful projects when the year is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty bow tie blocks. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scrappinesses. Intriguing background on the bowties, makes me look more deeply into it to see the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your blocks! Some pretty blue scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks... Those triple 4 patches are really eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blue fabrics and blocks. I must try a bow tie block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh are you going to be busy!
    Bow Tie is one of favourite blocks and these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your blocks turned out great - you have some very nice scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks all look so beautiful. Wonderful blue fabrics! I love bowtie blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sew some nice blue blocks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like small blocks and yours are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree - one set of blocks per weekend makes a very manageable project. You have some wonderful projects started.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.