Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Progress Report

I did it!! I made my goal of getting my Thanksgiving Leaves quilt finished for the end of January. It was this month's UFO, and it is done!!  I really wish I could get a better picture of it. But with the weather still so cold and windy, there is no way to take it outside for a photo shoot. This time, rather than hanging it from the upstairs landing, I tried Matt and Becca's kitchen floor. It's a pattern by Judy Martin, found in her book Patchwork Among Friends. I'm linking this finish up to A Lovely Year of Finishes. I already have a good idea of how I want to quilt this, so it might end up the next one of mine to get loaded, when I get a spot open for it.
 I had to take a break from working on Three of a Kind, a pattern also by Judy Martin, found in her book Scraps, in order to get that UFO for January finished. I can now go back to working on it for the last couple of days of the month, before I decide which UFO is going to get pulled out for February.
I need 36 of these blocks for the queen sized quilt, so I'm halfway there. I'm going to keep working on this one until it is done. That's my bargain with myself. A UFO finished each month, and any new starts have to be finished, unless they are block of the month type, of course. I'm linking up to the Canadian Needle and Thread Network for their Work in Progress Wednesday. There is lots of fun stuff to see there, and it's great that they are Canadian. And while I'm at it, I'll link up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday as well, where there is even more stuff to see from all over the world.

11 comments:

  1. Wow ~ both quilts are so colorful and intricate! Are the leaves quilted or appliqued?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for a finish! This is a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I just love your Thanksgiving Leaves...congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are coming along!! Halfway there is reason to celebrate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat leaf quilt is great. I love the Three of a Kind quilt. It's on my to do list one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Your leaves quilt is so pretty. :D And Three of a Kind is terrific - two great projects. Congrats on the UFO finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy. Just love it when we can check things off our UFO pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanksgiving leaves is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Great work on a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on a fantastic finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.