Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 3 January 2014

On the Needles, Jan. 3, 2014

I'm back to working on my Pinery Sweater. I am really enjoying this particular project. The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted, and the colour in this picture is pretty much bang on for accuracy. What it doesn't show, though, is the occasional splash of a subtle pink in with the rust. I am really liking the way the cables are forming. This is a top down knit. There will be ribbing on the top, once it is done, which will help the beginning of the cables lay a little bit better. Right now, they keep curling to the front. I think I'm one round away from splitting off the arms, at which point it should start to go much faster.
I just realized that I didn't show a picture of the finished Truck Sweater that I did for Avery for Christmas. I didn't manage to get a picture of him wearing it, though, so I'm not sure if it fit. I modified the truck design in the pattern considerably, in order to make it easier, and also because his Daddy has a white pick up truck. I actually didn't get this finished until 30 minutes before they got here. I sewed it up the day before, but still had to do the ribbing around the neck. That's what I get for procrastinating. LOL!
I'm linking up with Judy's On the Needles.

4 comments:

  1. That truck sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, Avery's truck sweater is just darling! Great job with it -- I bet he loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the link - that is going to be a beautiful sweater! Truck sweater is sweet - I think many of us can relate on working on a project right up to the last minute! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truck sweater is very sweet. Love the cables on the other one...it is going to be very pretty, especially in that colour!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.