Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday Aug. 31

I need to give a loud WOOHOO!!! here. I just finished my Rose Log Cabin quilt. The border is on, and it is ready for quilting. Now all I have to do is finish the quilt that is currently on the machine. That is going to take some more time. But, for at least the next day or 2, my WIP list is one shorter, but my lists still look pretty grim, and there is a lot of work to do to get them finished.

Finishes:            1
Active WIP's, 3, My TweetsRRCB, and Shakespeare in the Park
Leaders and ender projects: 2
Waiting to be quilted:                  10
Waiting to be bound:         4
UFOs:                                    6
Hopelessly UFO:             9

Yikes, that's still a lot of projects waiting to be finished. Oh well, at least it is now 1 shorter. However, I have another project that is going to get started sometime in the next week, so it isn't likely to get  any shorter anytime soon. The Batman fabric is all washed. So, after doing the ironing of all that fabric, I can start the Batman quilt for my son for Christmas. So much fun!! I'm going to link this post to the Freshly Pieced blog which hosts a linky party for work in progress reports. My numbers are big, but it is a relief to know that I'm not the only one.

8 comments:

  1. Woo hoo to you! Your "hopelessly UFO's" made me smile! and then wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say WOOT! Your Rose Log Cabin Quilt is spectacular. And you may feel like your numbers are "big", you can probably consider yourself a light weight in the quilting world of UFOs. I, for one, have around 85 UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! I tried the leader/ender thing but I am not successful using that method. I do better having just one project at the sewing machine at a time. It doesn't stop me from prepping other projects at the same time though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really hoping to get some UFO's done myself. I lover your Rose Log Cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt came out beautiful! I've already told you this one is on my list....I know it was a lot of piecing but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. I only made the wall hanging but just love it. You will adore it on your bed, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I seem to have much the same taste. Having looked at your older posts now, I see the Shakespeare in the Park. I have that one cut out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is beautiful. It will look great on your bed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.