Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 August 2011

Stash Report Week 32

Fabric came out of my stash this week to make the binding for Bear Tracks It felt so good to get this quilt done. I enjoyed every single part of making it, from choosing the fabrics, to sewing down the binding. I love it when a pattern is well designed, and well written. I have no affiliation, but if you get a chance, check out the patterns at Glad Creations I have their Auntie's Choice pattern as well which is in my want-to-do-very-soon list, as opposed to my want-to-do-someday list. I gave in to the desire to purchase a large amount of fabric this past week, but it hasn't been delivered yet, so it doesn't have to be counted yet. Both have specific purposes, though. Both are from the Fat Quarter shop, the rest of the Batman fabric and a collection of fat quarters, and entire design line which, up until these batman fabrics, I'd never done before. But I saw this collection, and it was instant love. It's called Etchings and I think I even have a pattern that I want to use for it, but I'll decide that for sure once it arrives, hopefully sometime this coming week. And now to the numbers:

Fabric used this week:                                       32.5 inches
Fabric used this year:                                          86.4 yards
Fabric Purchased this week:                                0 (I'll count it when it arrives)
Fabric purchased this year:                                106.5 yards
Balance:                                                               20.1 more yards in than out.

And now I'm going to go finish prepping July's My Tweets so that I have some stitching to do while on breaks at work for the next week. To see how others are managing their stash, check out Judy's Patchwork times

2 comments:

  1. The Bear Tracks quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great at getting the fabric out of your stash!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.