Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Play before work



I know, I know, the saying is supposed to be work before play, but somehow I never seem to work it that way, especially when it comes to playing with my fabrics. Today is the last day of that horrible schedule six week period at work. After this I am back to my 4 to 6 shifts every 2 weeks. What a long, and exhausting time it has been. I ended up having to take a sick day on Sunday, due to a headache that simply wouldn't quit, but, it is done, and I made it, more or less intact. What a relief.
I think for diversion, before going in today, I'm going to take this pile of red and cream 2 inch strips

and turn them into more of these 2 inch half square triangles. I want to see if I can't get closer to getting Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll Cotton Boll finished, so that I can cross it of that UFO list.




And, just because I realized that I haven't included a picture of our wonderful grandson Avery lately, here he is at 3 months old. Growing like a weed, holding his head up like every strong boy should, and generally melting this Grammy's heart to mush.
I miss him so much. But, we're going to see them on September 7th for a long weekend, and will just have to cram in as much cuddle and play time as we can, as well as tons and tons of pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that your work schedule is finally back to normal! I remember some of my shift variations - not going back there!
    You're making more steady progress on your quilting than I am, although I did manage to get a quilt top done and ready for quilting in just a few days - it needs to go to the quilter today, so she can finish it before the wedding that we're invited to (Sept. 24th!)
    Isn't it amazing how quickly babies go from being cute little bundles that sleep almost all the time to being fun and interactive, and ever-changing? He's getting cuter by the minute too! (Can you tell that I don't have grandkids yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery just keeps getting cuter! I am glad you are making progress on the RRCB quilt. There are so many little pieces and it does take quite a bit of time to put it all together but in the end I think it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.