Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 30 August 2011

I've joined a Quilt along

After much dithering, and back and forth, should I or shouldn't I, I've decided to play along with the Fat Quarter Stars Quilt along hosted by Moose on the Porch Quilts. And after a lot more dithering, and pulling of fat quarters and making a mess of my cutting table with them, these are the fabrics I've decided on. I really wanted to do something other than white or off white for the background, but nothing else I pulled really worked. It all really competed with the colours, rather than be a real background for them. And since I want to do this from stash, this textured white/ecru is going to have to do. Anything else really didn't show up the colours in the fat quarters, but made them look blah and sick. The actual work on this quilt doesn't start until the end of September, so, for all of you including myself who have seen that very long list of works yet to be finished, it gives me time to get some more done. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. My daughter and I are having a girls night out tonight. Dinner and a movie, and maybe some shoe shopping afterwards,  all of which sounds like a whole lot of fun. So, If I'm going to get anything at all done, I'd best get moving.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty fabrics! You may have succumb to a quilt-along but at least it is one that has a timeframe that is do-able. Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.