Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 27 August 2011

Almost there............

I only have 10 of the green and cream log cabin blocks for the Rose log cabin quilt left to finish. And 2 of the 4 rounds on those 10 squares are done. WOOHOO!! Another day or 2, and I can start putting it all together.
I've been distracted for the last couple of days, though. I've bought myself a new toy, an e-reader. I've done a lot of research, and comparing of them. I know a lot of people who have Kindles, and they seem like a great product, but I didn't like their price, or the fact that they are limited to Amazon products. Our library here has a huge digital ebook section, and I wanted to be able to access that resource. So, I finally decided on a Kobo. I've only had it for a day, and took it to work to read yesterday. I REALLY like it. It is light weight, and I can change the size of the print to make it easier to read. I've already got a couple of books from the library on it. The lending period on them is the same as a real book, 3 weeks, at which point they have some sort of mechanism where they are "returned" to the library. And that's the thing that has been really eating up the time, sitting in the comfort of my own living room, browsing through all the titles available, and adding them to an ever growing wish list in my library digital account. Enough to keep me reading for months, if not longer.  And I'm only up to the letter "K". The other thing I discovered on our library web page was a fairly large selection of audio books, that can be down loaded onto my computer, and from there, to my ipod. They are only good for 2 weeks. But, it is still a nice way to read and sew at the same time. The ultimate in multi tasking. Have I mentioned before that I love technology?

3 comments:

  1. I download books from the library onto my IPod and listen while I quilt (which I can do unless I'm quilting something that I really have to think about)I also listen while I'm taking my daily walk and when doing housework (yuk) I just love listening to them. I've been thinking of an e-reader and thank you for the info-will have to see what kinds are compatible with my library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to get an e-reader too. I also was thinking Kindle but now I have to check out Kobo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I *so* love technology too! I do a lot of audible stuff as well. Pretty cool stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.