Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 1 August 2011

Design Wall Monday August 1

There is something kinda sad about August. It's still summer, but it means the end of summer is in sight, now. I love summer, even with all the heat and humidity. I love being able to hook up the trailer and go. I love being able to sit out on the swing in the yard for my morning coffee. I love being able to head out the door without all the layers of clothes winter requires. I love the smell of laundry dried outside. I love the colours and scents of flowers, especially roses and dahlias and lavender. There is lavender planted right beside our patio, and when the breeze comes from a certain direction, the scent is wonderful. All those things, and more, that I don't want to see end. I guess I'll just have to make sure I enjoy them all the more while the time is still here.
On another note, I was able to get a lot of sewing done on my Rose Log Cabin yesterday. So it has grown, quite a bit, and I am definitely liking what I am seeing. The lighting in the room where I have my design wall has changed, as the sun has moved, so it is difficult to get a good picture, with consistent colours. The light greens are the same in all the blocks, but the lighting has washed them out in the bottom right section.
To see more design walls, go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times And now, I'm off to do a little quilting before I go in to work this afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Looking very beautiful! Love the color combo. Summer lasts a lot longer here but I can surely understand what you mean about August :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking what I am seeing too :) Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's unanimous - I like what I am seeing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, this is quite gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came home through London having missed Design Monday. I'm now checking into all e-mails and was so glad to see the progress you had made on your Rose Log Cabin. It's beautiful, one of our best.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.