Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 18 August 2011

Making progress








After I wrote yesterday's post about my pile of UFO's. I went upstairs and started to work on one of them. I pulled out the box with Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll Cotton Boll in it, and started to try to figure out exactly where I was with it. I discovered that I had all the strip sets for step 1 sewn together, but not cut into units. Now they are all cut. 
Step 2, 120 3 1/2 inch half square triangles were 90% sewn together, but not de-dog-eared. Now they are done. 
Step 3, 600 2 inch half square triangles, I had 40 of them, and more needing to be trimmed. Now I have around 180 of them. So, progress was made on it.
The added bonus is that I have a pile of 2 inch red strips left from cutting out the Rose Log Cabin quilt, so they are going to get used up with the rest of the 420 half square triangles left to go. It sounds daunting, but I was able to get about 80 of them done in a little over an hour last night. So, Tuesday I worked on the Rose log cabin. Yesterday, was spent on figuring out my large list of waiting to be finished projects, and then working on one of them. Today will be spent on working on quilting Shakespeare. In the times I need to rest my legs from standing at the longarm, I'll sit and work on my projects. I think I'm going to try maintaining this kind of pattern, assigning a day to work on a specific task, and see if I can't be a bit more organized, and therefore get more done.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Making progress - good for you and I bet it feels really good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading and looking at your quilts..very nice. I love the Rose Log Cabin, it is going to be a stunning quilt. Whose pattern is it? You have a lot going on but seem to make the most of your time and get lots accomplished and work too!! I don't get half that much done and I'm retired! I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Not like me. LOL! Have a happy weekend, Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.