After I wrote yesterday's post about my pile of UFO's. I went upstairs and started to work on one of them. I pulled out the box with Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll Cotton Boll in it, and started to try to figure out exactly where I was with it. I discovered that I had all the strip sets for step 1 sewn together, but not cut into units. Now they are all cut.
Step 2, 120 3 1/2 inch half square triangles were 90% sewn together, but not de-dog-eared. Now they are done.
Step 3, 600 2 inch half square triangles, I had 40 of them, and more needing to be trimmed. Now I have around 180 of them. So, progress was made on it.
The added bonus is that I have a pile of 2 inch red strips left from cutting out the Rose Log Cabin quilt, so they are going to get used up with the rest of the 420 half square triangles left to go. It sounds daunting, but I was able to get about 80 of them done in a little over an hour last night. So, Tuesday I worked on the Rose log cabin. Yesterday, was spent on figuring out my large list of waiting to be finished projects, and then working on one of them. Today will be spent on working on quilting Shakespeare. In the times I need to rest my legs from standing at the longarm, I'll sit and work on my projects. I think I'm going to try maintaining this kind of pattern, assigning a day to work on a specific task, and see if I can't be a bit more organized, and therefore get more done.