Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 28 August 2011

Stash Report Week 35

I missed last weeks' stash report, so I'll have to do 2 weeks worth today, which isn't a bad thing, since there will be bigger numbers for 2 weeks, than one. I've been working on 2 different projects these last 2 weeks, the Rose Log Cabin, and Roll, Roll Cotton Boll.  My Rose log cabin is 10 squares needing the last of the green triangles sewn on from being finished, and ready to sew together. I am hoping that there is enough of the dark green that I've been using for these corner triangle left to do a border. It's an old print, and I'd love to be able to use it, since it has roses in it. Hmmmm, I should do an online search to see it I can find it anywhere.  If not, there might be another fabric acquisition trip to Len's Mills, or some other fabric store to be able to finish this quilt. I think that I only want one border on it, and that a dark green, but I'll decide that once it is all together and on the wall. I am hoping to get a little bit of sewing time in today, before I head in to work at 3, to get the last of the corner triangles on. So, on to the numbers:


Fabric used in 2 weeks:                         5.6 yards
Fabric used this year:                          92 yards
Fabric purchased in 2 weeks:                 0 yards
Fabric purchased this year:                121.5 yards
Balance:                                                  29.5 more yards purchased than used.

If you are interested in any other stash reports, Judy has a linky up for them on her Patchwork Times Tomorrow should see the full Rose quilt up on the wall, providing I get off this computer, and go do a bit of sewing, after I get something to eat. Type at you more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job closing the gap on the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. We do seem to spend more time in front of the computer rather than where we want to be. A real big scrappy quilt will help in your used category. You can easily use 22 yards on one of Bonnie Hunters designs. Good luck with finding a dark green. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.