Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 January 2012

Stash report Week 5, 2012




My name is Cathy and I'm a fabri-holic.  I ordered some bolts of fabric this past week, and they arrived on Thursday morning, right before we left to come visit Noel and Laurie and Avery, so it has done some fun damage to my intake numbers. We were in too much of a hurry to get on the road to take pictures of it though. But I do have a couple of thumbnails of what they look like.


But it's not as bad as it could have been. I ordered 3 bolts, but only got 2 because one was back ordered, darn. And it was a really pretty one, too. But these will do for starters. They are intended as backings for some of the 14, or maybe even more at this point, quilt tops of my own that are waiting for quilting. The autumn leaves one would be perfect for Double Duty, and for a couple of others that are currently just floating around in my head, based on Autumn colours. And the other floral one would be perfect for some of the feminine florally quilt tops I have in the ever growing piles.  All of the fabric usage was from the string pieced wedges for Endless Chain. My scrap drawer finally closes. Anyway, here's the numbers for the past week:

Used this week:                               1.9 yards
Used this year:                                13.8 yards
Purchased this week:                       30 yards
Purchased this year:                         57 yards
Balance:                                          43.2 yards more in than out.

I think maybe I'd better get working on getting some of those tops quilted. I'm, linking up to Judy's weekly Stash Report linky at Patchwork Times

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have plans for all the beautiful fabric you bought. Backings use a lot of yards so I am sure your numbers will be more out than in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I *love* your stash reports!!! That leaf fabric is gorgeous ... can't wait until your back ordered yardage comes in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those backings are necessary...you definitely need a few bolts of fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.