Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 2 January 2012

Part of getting my sewing stuff organized is going to be the beginning of a couple of new leader and ender projects, since I finished my last one last year in December. I've decided on this one here, to the right. for the mounds of 2 1/2 inch squares I have kicking around. I already have a few of these blocks made. And then for the  never ending amount of 2 inch squares, and strips, I really like the looks of this version of the Irish Chain pattern. Both of these quilts were done in the EQ7 software I bought a couple of months ago, but haven't yet had a lot of time to play with. The other one I rather like a this version of the Irish Chain quilt for the never ending pile of 2 inch squares and strips I have also hanging around. I like the alternating of the colours and the white squares. Between these 2, that should get a start on taming the scraps.

5 comments:

  1. OK this is just crazy!!! That is my exact same L/E project I started today while putting my OB rows together. I have a stuff 2 1/2" square drawer so I reached behind me and grabbed a handful.

    Spooky or just 2 great minds??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan for scrap management!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look like great projects. I have tried to do leader/enders but once I start they just end up being my main project. Maybe I will have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I love your new l/e project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I love the projects you are working on and you have caused a brain flash for me. I have a huge stack of scrappy 25 patches using 2" charms and I haven't been able to remember what pattern I was going to use them for. And there it is on your blog. I was going to make your quilt. Thanks so much for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.