Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Progress..... Before and after...




Well, I've made some progress at the sewing station end of my room, and have a couple of before and after pics, just to prove that it can be done.
                                                                                               


                                                                                                   

In addition to getting these 2 areas cleaned up, I did some scrap taming, as well. I put on Michael Card's "Joy in the Journey" album, which has 18 songs on it, all of which I love, all of which I was happily singing along to this afternoon. While this album played, I gave myself the task of cutting down scraps into various sized squares and strips, mostly 2 1/2 inch, 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch. Whatever didn't fit into those sizes went into crumbs, strings, or garbage. When the album was done, I was done, and able to go onto something else. So I now have a lot more squares to use as leaders and enders, and strips to make into other quilts. Then, this evening, I dug into those crumbs, and strings, and as yet untrimmed scraps, and started making more string pieced wedges for UFO #5. There will be a more detailed post about that sometime soon.  As long as I don't turn around and look at the other end of the room, I can pretend that all is neat and tidy. But not so, there is a lot left to do, but it's a start.

6 comments:

  1. It looks nice -- I bet it feels good, too, to have it organized and tidy! I always work better when things are in order. Unfortunately, I'm much better at creating chaos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now that's just showing off! :) Far too clean if you ask me. Go mess it up and make something fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational to see such a clean space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! What a change. I may have to borrow your album. :) I ordered a new cabinet this week for the sewing room. Need more storage. Or at least I think that will solve some of the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you come to my house? Like, Stat! I don't even dare to post pics of my room, it's such a mess - which explains why my sewing machine is on the dining room table, and why we eat downstairs in the family room....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your space looks great! I like the idea of using the music as a "timer". I make lots of mess in my room too but if I let it get too out of control I find that my mind gets too cluttered too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.