Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 23 January 2012

Design Wall Monday Jan 23

My design wall has the same thing on it as it has the last week, or so. Endless Chain, by Emilie Richards. I've been working on this quilt, to the exclusion of all others for the past week. I really, really want to get it done by the end of the month, since I am so in love with it, and because it is January's UFO, and I would like to get it done in time to meet the challenge. This is actually the same picture I put up on Saturday, after the Friday night sew in. It needs 3 more rows to finish it, which means 23 more full hexagons, and 8 half hexagons. And that means I need to do about 98 more string pieced wedges to finish up all the pieces needed. I think, depending on what plans my husband has for the next few days, it just might be doable, even with a trip to see Noel and Laurie and Avery over the weekend, depending on the weather, of course. I am sticking to the not doing anything else until this one is done, even though there are dozens of quilts in my head, just screaming to get out. I found  another one today, while looking at Teaquilts design wall over  at Judy's Patchwork Times, from the Moda Bake Shop people called Flying in Squares. Whenever I get this quilt done, it just might advance to the head of my scrap quilts want to do list. And now, for my second cup of coffee, while browsing a few more design walls. Maybe I'll find some more for that want-to-do list. And of course, I'm linking up to the previously mentioned Patchwork times linky.

3 comments:

  1. It is looking good. Keep it up and I am sure you will get it done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your endless chain quilt is gorgeous. I hope you meet your goal of finishing it this month. That would be a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, as per your normal style, this is going to be a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt! I peeked over at the Teaquilts design wall...I loved her denim quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.