Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 26 January 2012

I love the internet

I love having the internet, have I ever said that before? It is so much fun to be able to meet new people, and explore new places, talk to people hundreds or even thousands of miles away, either through Skype, or chats or emails.I find that it suits my basically shy and reserved nature, because there are no face to face meetings to be anxious over. And I find that I like blogging, because it is basically me talking to myself, with other people listening in. I get to visit with my dear friend Susan, in Edmonton and have "chats" with her at least once or twice a week. I can visit with Laurie and Avery on Skype, and talk to them, and see them. And while it's not the same as being there, it is still great to be able to do. I can talk by email to a friend in Alabama, or another in Washington state, or another that I am getting to know in Alaska, and so many more. All of that is fabulous.
And then there is the ability to shop, and order stuff and have it delivered right to my door. (Unless I'm not there, or am still sleeping when the postman comes, in which case there is a trip to the small postal outlet involved) I received Judy Martin's latest book in the mail today, called Patchwork Among Friends. I have only briefly looked at it, but what I have seen so far is fabulous. The quilts are all so nice, that I think I want to start at the beginning of the book, and do all of them. (I have no affiliation with her, by the way, just a happy customer). And then there were the 2 bolts of fabric that came today as well, although I didn't have time to get pictures of them before we left home. They are destined to be used for quilt backings, and are going to do some fun stuff to my stash report numbers.
And finally, there is the ability to do all of this as I sit in the passenger seat of the car, right now, as we are driving up to have a Noel and Laurie and Avery weekend. Yep, it's for sure, I love the internet, and the 21st century, and all this really cool technology that has so expanded and enriched this particular lady's world.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister, and me too!!! :) I know I've said it before, but have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldnt agree more with you. I hope u have a fabulous weekend. Drive safely.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.