Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 24 January 2012

It's not my fault.....


Really it isn't my fault, at all. I had some lovely fun stuff come in the mail that I ordered, but really, it's not my fault. LOL! And I'll show you why. Last year, well really, just last month,  Debbie who writes the blog And Sew Forth, posted these pictures of what she calls her "Christmas stocking obsession". They got me rather intrigued, to say the least. But then, she started showing pictures of how the latest stocking she had purchased was going together herehereanotherand one more. She has other pictures as well about different stockings. So you can see how it is all her fault that I HAD to order some of these. LOL!! Curiosity got the better of me and I went looking for the Bucilla stockings. It seems, actually to be that curiosity and the going looking that is actually the problem, although it sure is fun. Anyway, after seeing Debbie's  posts before Christmas, I got to thinking, which can be a dangerous thing to do. I thought, wouldn't it be fun if every member of the family had a stocking specifically geared towards something about them. So, when we got home from our New Years Christmas with the family, I started browsing, looking for stockings that would fit each member of the family and that's what came in the mail... the beginnings of that process. Matt is an avid golfer, so I thought this one would be perfect for him














Noel loves to do woodworking, so I thought one of Santa in his workshop would be good for him, and there is a companion set of ornaments to go with it.



I can't show the one I got for Laurie, since she reads my blog, and I want them to be a surprise.


And then for Becca, I got one with a nativity on it, since she loves Christmas, and especially the reason for it 



And lastly, just so I can figure out this whole process, and how these things work, there is a set of ornaments that would go with Matt and Becca's decorations for there tree. They look like an easy, basic place to start learning how to do this.

I think I'll start with the trees, and go from there. If I start working on them now, I figure I can have them done by next year. Maybe............. And all these pictures came from the website Anita's Arts. So, now all I have to do, in between knitting, and working on My Tweets, is make time for doing these as well. LOL


3 comments:

  1. I'm almost speechless! This is so fun! I love all your choices. Welcome to the club. I have a huge smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you really need is to give up sleeping - it's such a waste of time! Just think how much you could accomplish in every 24 hour timeslot... Wishful thinking!
    I hope you get them figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I did, literally, laugh out loud, because I started reading this post, then saw the photo of Matt's stocking and I got excited to see mine and kept scrolling down; then I saw Noel's, kept scrolling... and read "I can't show the one I got for Laurie, since she reads my blog, and I want them to be a surprise". I should have known you were too clever to post a photo of my stocking! LOL! oh well. I do like surprises! :) The rest of the stockings look really fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.