Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 15 January 2012

Stash Report Week 3


I haven't done any blogging this week. Every minute that I had to spare, outside of working, has been spent getting Orca Bay sewn together. When I looked at it on the design wall last Monday, it didn't seem like it would take that long to get it together. WRONG!! Finally, Saturday afternoon, all the blocks were sewn together. It still needs the borders. But, I'm rewarding myself with a change of pace. I cut 34 different fabrics, all very "girly", for the Scrappy Plate Club. My Dresden plate ruler came in the mail on Friday, along with a tumbler ruler. So, all 34 fabrics had a 5 inch strip cut from them. Each strip has yielded 12 blades for the plates, and anywhere from 3 to 5 tumblers for another quilt. I'm making my Dresden quilt bigger then the instructions, since I want mine bigger than the 62" x 71" given in the instructions. So mine will be 4 squares by 5 squares, rather than 3 x 4. And of course, I had to make one up, just to see what it would look like. Since I count my stash once it has been cut for a specific quilt, I can count all that stuff. I don't know when I'll get a chance to start sewing more of them, though. Today I work 3-11, and then Monday, I have to go down to the city courthouse, to stand for a jury pool. Doesn't mean I'll have to actually do jury duty, but just be part of a large crowd of potentials. I better make sure my ereader is charged, and that I have some knitting with me as well. And then Tuesday, unless I have to go back to the jury thing, I work 3-11 again. I also want to get some work done on the endless Chain quilt that is this months' UFO, so I think I'm going to pack the Orca up for a bit, and bring it back out during a less challenging UFO month. I think I'll add it to #4, which is a quilt that only needs borders added to it.  So it will probably be Wednesday before there can be more serious sewing done. Anyway..... on to the numbers:

Used this week:                      5.7 yards
Used this year:                        8.5 yards
Added this week:                     0
Added this year:                     27 yards
Balance:                                  18.5 more yards purchased than used.

I'm linking, as usual, to the Sunday Stash Report at Patchwork Times

6 comments:

  1. Bit by bit you are advancing. Being in a jury pool, is long and boring with very little to show for outcome. It is a time for handwork if needles are allowed.Good luck with getting your serious sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your scrappy plate. I was thinking of joining along and after seeing your block I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy Dresden plate is lovely. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jury duty! Some people hate the idea of jury duty but I thought it was kind of exciting in an interesting way. I was picked for jury duty for a murder trial but it ended up being cancelled. The guy ended up taking a plea bargain. Anyway your dresden block looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the completed quilt. One of my favourite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drool every time I see a Dresden plate of yours!! Great stash report this week!!! Can't wait to see your OBM flimsy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! How am I going to resist joining in????

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.