Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 5 October 2014

Stash and slow stitching Sunday, Week 40, 2014

I missed last week's stash report, since we were away camping for the weekend, and I didn't bring my numbers or my internet stick with me. So, these in numbers are going to be rather high. They reflect a fabric acquisition road trip and also a stop in a fabric store while we were away camping. It's important to support the local economies, after all! And then, also in the past 2 weeks, I had an internet order come in....... yikes!! This is the internet order, some more diagonal stripes that I love for bindings, and also a plaid that I think will work well for binding. And then a bunch of fat quarters of large scale florals, that will end up in some disappearing four patches and also another Judy Martin pattern I have my eye on.
And, with the quilt show coming up, and vendors at that quilt show, I'm sure there will be yet some more added. Lots and lots of fun!!
The out numbers reflect the finish of some binding, lots of 2 inch scraps used for a piano key border, and the backing for Camp Out. And also, since September's UFO is now a finished top, I pulled out another UFO from my list, and cut the fabric I need to work on it.

Used last 2 weeks:                                8.2 yards
Used this year:                                      96.2 yards
Added last 2 weeks:                             21.5 yards
Added this year:                                     113 yards
Net Added:                                               16.8 yards

I can link up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching this week. I've been tempted into another new project by Teresa and her Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. Part of those stash added numbers, acquired during above mentioned road trip, went to fabrics that I thought would be good for fussy cutting in this project.
I'm having fun playing with the fabrics, although this is the only one I have cut out so far. I'm finding it a bit of a struggle to work around the card stock papers, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. There will be more of these showing up in the weeks, and most likely months, to come. I've seen quite a few layouts of this pattern all done and into a finished quilt. Each block framed with white honeycomb shapes, then a row of dark squares in between them, and a small corner cross at the intersection of the rows. There's an example of it here. However, there is a long way to go before I get even close to that. I've already added the link to Kathy's page, and I'll also link up with Judy's Stash Report.

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more of the honeycombs. What you have looks very nice! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many pretty, brightly colored fabrics. Beautiful! Your Patches and Crosses block is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Crosses quilt is going to be gorgeous! Vacations are always more fun when you can visit a quilt shop or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tempted to start the cross block too. You are choosing beautiful color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patches and Crosses are definitely popular currently. I like the bright yellow fabric. I am sure you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your patchwork cross project. I have seen a few of those...always so pretty! You did the right thing...supporting the economy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen lots of POTC blocks around blogland and they are just gorgeous. You have chosen a lovely colour combo for yours and I really like the fussy cut center.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whooo, girlfriend! I do believe the last two weeks put you in the red (or in the black, depending on how you view things)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty block. Good luck getting the hang of those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fabric choices for the EPP are gorgeous! I'm looking forward to your finished irish chain. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.