Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 26 October 2014

Stash and Slow stitching report, week 43

Time for some catch up here..... three weeks since the last stash report, and the last slow stitching progress report. There have been advances in both.
 When I last showed this block, I was pondering about the pink. I decided that pink was the way to go, but I chose one with less going on in it. I like the way it turned out.
This is now number three of these blocks. The aqua is a bit darker in real life than the picture here shows. I'm having fun playing with fussy cutting for the center of these blocks.
I'll be linking these up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.









And now, for the stash numbers..... which has the added in numbers continuing to increase. And it has been a lot of fun, and quite satisfying to increase those numbers, considering I have projects in mind for all of the additions.

Used last 3 weeks:                   2.7 yards
Used this year:                       98.9 yards
Added last 3 weeks:                5 yards
Added this year:                   118 yards
Net added:                              19.1 yards

I'll link up to Judy's Stash Report, and then I think I'll just sit here and relax with some more hand stitching. The skies are bright blue, and the sun is shining gloriously. It's not quite warm enough to sit outside and stitch. So I'll do the next best thing..... pull my recliner up just a bit so that I'm right beside the window. That way I can stitch and enjoy the colours of the leaves at the same time. The leaves are falling very quickly now, and it looks like it's raining gold......... just beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. Raining gold... love that!
    ENjoy the sparkling leaves raining while you stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with your POTC Cathy! I really like the pink in there, and of course you know I love aqua :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our trees are "raining gold" here too - I love how you worded that!
    I really like the new pink block - mush less "in your face"...even though it looks like a brighter pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fussy cut and sewn centers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving *your* POTC blocks!! I love the pink -- it's beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.