Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 4 October 2014

Alice's Offset Squares

I've said it before, but it bears saying again, that one of the best things about quilting for other people is the opportunity to play with their fabrics. The last quilt I showed was a peaceful and serene monochromatic green colour palette. This is so much the opposite. It is bright and vibrant and quirky and just plain fun. Just look at all those delicious batiks!

There is so much going on in this quilt that any kind of fancy quilting would have gotten lost. Plus, it's such a modern looking quilt, that it needed something modern quilted onto it to complement it. So Alice and I agreed that using the pantograph Square Dance would be the perfect choice.  The straight lines of the quilting design highlighted the straight lines of the piecing, and added in some delightful texture, and resulted in what, I think at least, a perfect finished project for Alice.

2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.