Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 27 October 2014

Design Wall Monday, Oct. 27, 2014

I'm back at working on my projects now, after a short break. I've got this month's UFO up on the wall.  It's a leaders/enders project from several years ago, that has aged long enough. It's about halfway sewn together now, on it's way to becoming quite a lovely scrappy Irish Chain.
The other thing up there is my Blooming Nine Patch, which is slowly coming together. I only work on it while I'm upstairs in the long arm studio, since that's where my design wall is.  I find it easier to work on if I can take it off the wall one row at a time, and then put that row right back up again after sewing it, in order to make sure I didn't mess up the placement. After checking on the placements, I sew the rows to each other. Obviously, I'm working on it one half at a time. It's going faster, now that I'm getting down to the corner.




I'm going to link this up to Judy's Design Wall Monday. Then I think I'll sew a few more blocks in the Irish chain into rows, and maybe work on a wallet pattern I bought on the weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Whoa -- that Irish Chain is striking! But your Blooming Nine Patch is a stunner -- and my favorite colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun scrappy Irish Chain. Perfect project for leaders and enders. Looks like plenty of nice space for fun quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice B.N.P. You're lucky with the design wall - I was crawling around on the floor to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.